Search For Articles

Wartune Beginner's Guide

Wartune Beginner's Guide by ghostgal23

I just wanted to share my stubborn experiences to players that refuse to pay to play.
Oh, the pride of being a free player!

I play on s13 Undead Swamp as a lvl46 mage
and I just wanna say that I've never spent a single cent on this game (literally boasting, yes, I'm proud of it xD)

As you start the game, most people would be saying "buy the first recharge pack"
the first recharge pack includes a lot of nice goodies, which I never got (because I never bought it)
Yes, it's really helpful, but if you're really cheap (like me), really stingy (like me), and you don't wanna pay, then don't, just stop thinking about it

Of course, as a free player, there are cutbacks. You have to play against players who put money into the game, players with two skill sets, players with crazy socket lots, etc... (Being a free player is never easy, but that's the point!)

_____________________________________________

So here's my not-so-official guide to just playing (free-players and balenors alike):

1) Get into a good/active guild:
you don't have to get into top 10 guilds or anything like that, just make sure you're in an active one, that constantly upgrades their guild stuff
Guild skills are THE BOMB for free players, so make sure you try to max out as much as possible (the ones that are useful to you, of course)
Getting gold is really tedious work for everybody, the gold boost in guild skill helps in the long run

2) Technology team/Academy:
Max out your tech skills as much as possible, bring it up to your level, even troops
the gold production plus here is useful as well, don't ever forget about it
MAX OUT YOUR PLUNDERS EVERYDAY so you get enough kyanite to upgrade your crazy academy skills
Be patient, or use vouchers. Either wait out the time on the cooldown or use vouchers to buy it out. (I would recommend that you use vouchers on the last 10 minutes = 5 vouchers)

3) Skill Tree
okay, so here is where players like to spend money, VIP or non VIP
So, if you notice, you can buy a second skill tree for an amount of money (of course, two skill trees are better than one, but the second skill tree would automatically make you a paying player, even if you just paid once, where's the pride in that? =p)

Always figure out which way you wanna go, for mages, we have heals, attacks and hybrids. I'm going for heal. I figured, once you max out one side, you can work on the other, that's my opinion. But you can always hybrid. For hybrids, it takes a lot to balance out what you want, so the skill calculator is really important. Figure out which way you wanna go before you put in your skill points

You can spend 895 vouchers to reset skill points, but I'd recommend that for later, when you've finalized what you want, I would suggest that you use the skill calculator and play with the skill points until you get something close to what you want, you can try out different sets and figure out which ones you like best

4) Astrals
Everybody has problems with astrals, well, maybe not everyone, but astrals hate me
I have bad luck with astrals, that's why I gave up on them, I wouldn't recommend that you do the same though, it's just that I rather spend gold on guild contribution to get guild skills
It's always nice to get orange astrals, but remember to feed it.

I have one orange astral (I got lucky that one time) and 3 purple astrals, I'd suggest that you get as many good astrals as you can and feed them as much as possible.

You can work up to 7k star points and buy an orange astral, but I've never bought any because up until now, I've been too lazy and way too dishearted to continue with astrals.....
Just so you know, having good astrals are a nice plus =) Free players should work on it when they have extra gold

5) GOLD
Gold is an issue to everyone, we don't get enough, free players and paying players alike
MAX OUT YOUR GOLD BOOST SKILL IN GUILD SKILL
MAX OUT YOUR GOLD PRODUCTION IN ACADEMY
MAX YOUR GOLD REFINERY BUILDING
(optional) plant gold seeds... (b'duh)
make sure you get your resource quarries
okay, so you've got a bundle of gold and you wanna go offline, what do you do?
You're an idiot if you log out with like 100k gold lying around. WHAT IF SOMEONE PLUNDERS YOU? Either spend your gold on astrals, or dump them in guild contribution
or you can enchant, of course.
Enchanting is really expensive, especially when it's down to the 10%rate and costs sh!t loads of gold. My suggestion: you can try your luck by burning gold, or just synthesize luck stones until you get a lvl9 luck stone... (that's what I do, the lvl9 luck stone thing, I have 8 items on my character, 4 of which are fully enchanted, I find that it's enough, if I have to burn anymore gold on these crazy high prices, I'd snap)

6) SOCKET RODS
I'm pretty sure you get like 3 free rods when you play, though I don't really remember....
For free players, socket rods can be obtained in guild blessing/altar, that's when you're super lucky (but someone I find that it doesn't apply to our server, a lot of people get lucky with rods. But then, it could be that I spin only twice a day, because I'm cheap like that)

When it comes to using socket rods, you'll need to know which gears you're aiming for. Like, for example, you want a lvl55 arena set but it's not out yet, you can save your socket rods for later or you can use it on your current set.

It's not easy for free players to get socket rods, unless you're incredibly lucky, of course. Personally, I save up my socket rods because I believe there will be more gear in the future..........
I recall using a socket rod a longgg time ago, and I think it was a quest

7) GEMS
Gems such as HP gems, PDEF/MDEF/PATK/MATK, etc gems are dropped in Forgotten Catacombs (what most people just call cata) >>> synthesize your gems to the highest lvl possible
Make sure you go to cata everyday, with or without crypt key.

I have 14 crypt keys at the moment, I'm saving them until i can pass like flr etc on cata.... Then I can get like crazy crypt tokens, but just maybe =/

8) DEVOTION POINTS/BONUS
Do as much as you can so you get your 95 devotion points to get the last redemption

9) GEARS
It's important to use the right gear, arena gears give initial 30 rage, cata gears give rage build up
Figure out what you want to be good at
Arena gears are for fights that aren't meant to last long (this applies to mages mostly), I mean c'mon, our rage build up is crazy slow. I'm on arena set right now, and I'm starting to think I want a the cata set
For archers and knights, your rage build up is so much faster than mages, so getting the cata set would probably lead you to 100 rage really fast, but even with the initial 30 rage, your rage build up is still so much more better than mages

If you think you're going to have long fights where you'll run out of rage during the fight, the cata set is really nice. For short fights, such as duels in arena, the arena set is obviously better, but that's only when you KNOW the fight doesn't last long.

If fights last long, such as fights with certain NPCs (or bosses in cata), and players that have similar BR to yourself, you just know it's gonna be a long fight... Cata set rocks when you have long fights because your rage builds up faster and you don't ever have to worry about running out too soon (I don't even know if I make sense now)

So yes, figuring out the gear that will live up to your standards is important. And if you really like that gear, then only you use your socket rods on them. Bear in mind that YOUR SOCKET RODS DON'T COME BACK!

10) VOUCHERS
vouchers work like balens
it's like balens for free players
but you don't buy them
I'm a hoarder, right now I have 8k vouchers..... free players should be hoarders too, save stuff even when you don't know if you'll use it, save it anyways
Maybe one day, hopefully in the near future, we might be able to buy socket rods with vouchers~ when that day comes, let's all be happy~ xD
Vouchers can be used to upgrade farm land
speed up cooldowns
reset skill points
buy inventory space
no I don't have all 3 pages of inventory... yet...
I'm saving vouchers for who knows what O.o
I just like saving them... -_-

11) FARMING
it's always nice to max out your farm lvl, and when I say always, I mean always
It might not matter, not even for free players, but it's just something I enjoy, maxing out stuff
When you harvest friends' crops, bear in mind that you have limited harvest attempts. STEAL WHAT YOU NEED. In my case, I steak kyanite (most of the time)

I honestly don't understand why people steal one hour seeds, I mean, how much can you get? And if people say they rarely reach the harvest limit, I find that suspiciously odd. C'mon, don't tell me you don't steal stuff!

My trick is stealing what I need for the first half of the day, which is right after tree rest, then right before tree reset, I steal as much as I can until I get to my limit (of course I like stealing 4 hour seeds, I just accidentally steal 1 hour seeds, and I hate it when I steal 1 hour seeds, I think about that one extra 4 hour seed I couldda harvested...)

Other Wartune Related Articles:
Wartune Mount Guide
Wartune Astral Guide
Wartune Archer Guide
Wartune Mage Tips
Wartune Leveling Guide
Wartune Troop Specialties Guide
Wartune Stats Guide
Wartune Guild Battle Point Guide


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

which item in guild blessing gives the socketing rod?

Unknown said...

Would it be a good idea to play on two servers?