Search For Articles

Yellow Case Clue Answers Page #6

This an incomplete list of Carmen Sandiego Clue Answers. Use CTRL + F to find the clue you are looking for.

She said something about catching the Firebirds in Basin Reserve?
Answer: Wellington, New Zealand

She said something about uprooting a really old rimu.
Answer: Wellington, New Zealand

She seemed cold. Either that, or she was unusually attached to her outerwear. Maybe it was once her pet raccoon dog.
Answer: Fur Coat

She loves to collect small swords, and heard there's a society for people like her in the gardens where she's going.
Answer: Shanghai, China

Here, look at this photo she dropped of a jade rock in a garden. It looks exquisite!
Answer: Shanghai, China

She said she wanted to pick up some canvases by Chen Yifei while she's in town.
Answer: Shanghai, China

The girl was built like a brick house. A very short one with no chimney.
Answer: Stocky

Like I told her, you know you're in the largest state in the Union when you're anchored down here.
Answer: Anchorage, United States of America

I told her to check out the old Eccentric Theatre Company, although I think they've changed the name.
Answer: Anchorage, United States of America

She told me she knew of eleven secret herbs and spices that you could grow as part of a relaxing and productive pastime.
Answer: Horticulture

I told her the name of a café in the neighborhood of La Exposición where she could get the best seco in town.
Answer: Panama City, Panama

She's hiding in some fortress, and she said she'd be as safe as an Archbishop during a revolt while she's there.
Answer: Salzburg, Austria

She could be prowling around Tanzmeisterhaus, looking for any scraps of music that got left behind. I didn't have the heart to tell her the original house was destroyed in the war.
Answer: Salzburg, Austria

You'll probably find her the Golden Stube, but she belongs in the Reckturm.
Answer: Salzburg, Austria

Not too tall, not too thin. I guess I should be more direct and say: she's short and chunky.
Answer: Stocky

She stopped by the Nile and caught a cab southwest.
Answer: Giza, Egypt

She swore she'd see each of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. I had to break it to her that only one is still standing.
Answer: Giza, Egypt

She's outside an electricity museum, trying to make off with their tram.
Answer: Lima, Peru

She was a real Open gal. Told me all about the US, Australia, France, and England.
Answer: Tennis

She mentioned something about going to "Barranco." Is she jumping in a ravine?
Answer: Lima, Peru

She's holed up in Miraflores, by a beach on the Pacific.
Answer: Lima, Peru

She was a waif with a body like a wafer that would waffle with the slightest waft of wind. Try saying that five times fast.
Answer: Slim

She said she was going there on business, but she confided that she was trying to land a role in a Baz Luhrmann flick.
Answer: Sydney, Australia

I told her to enjoy her trip, but to watch out for funnel-web spiders. Well, the boy ones, anyway.
Answer: Sydney, Australia

I told her to bring me back some Mozartkugel.
Answer: Salzburg, Austra

Dressed like that, I'd guess she was on her way to the opera, or to a Siberian fortress, or to agitate an animal rights activist.
Answer: Fur Coat

I bet you'll find her in China's largest port.
Answer: Shanghai, China

You might find your suspect in the museum, playing "heads or tails" in the Gallery of Ancient Chinese Numismatics.
Answer: Shanghai, China

She grunted every time she swung her arms.
Answer: Tennis

My memory's a little muddy when it comes to his face, perhaps because it was covered in mud.
Answer: Bad Hygiene

He's quite an art connoisseur - he asked me question after question about Vermeer.
Answer: The Hague, Netherlands

He wanted to steal an armful of tin-glazed white-and-blue tiles.
Answer: The Hague, Netherlands

I gave him a free ticket to see Raiders'99 play, but it just made him angry - he thought he missed the game!
Answer: The Hague, Netherlands

I overheard him planning a rendezvous at the Democracy Monument.
Answer: Bangkok, Thailand

He told me his great aunt had an old savings account in Bankalar Caddesi that he was going to check up on.
Answer: Istanbul, Turkey

He swore he'd make time to see "La Gioconda," even if it seemed a little touristy.
Answer: Paris, France

Dressed like that, I'd guess he was on his way to the opera, or to a Siberian fortress, or to agitate an animal rights activist.
Answer: Fur Coat

He invited me into his car for a confab, then asked the driver to roll up the window. Then we talked. Strange. I'd always thought a confab was a kind of dessert.
Answer: Limousine

Carmen sent him to check out Sol Kerzner's resort, but he refused. Steven Van Zandt song's really stuck with him.
Answer: Johannesburg, South Africa

You know, although it's a landlocked city, it sits on the source of two major rivers, the Limpopo and the Orange. What? You want to know where your suspect went? I just told you!
Answer: Johannesburg, South Africa

You'll find him in Faisal Town, in A Block, or B Block, or maybe C Block, or... I forget the other one.
Answer: Lahore, Pakistan

He asked me if I had any mealworms for his friend. Didn't make any sense until he took the curtain off the cage he was carrying.
Answer: Pet Raven

She rolled in here and asked if I had any griptape.  Which of course meant I had to ask her for a dictionary.
Answer: Skateboard
She went to Hillbrow to catch a show at the Windybrow, but in the end, she decided she was too low-brow.
Answer: Johannesburg, South Africa

I hear the city started booming when they found gold in Langlaagte, in 1886. Your friend went there to see if they have any left.
Answer: Johannesburg, South Africa

You're going to what was once a gold boom town. In fact, this is where I penned my near-hit, "She Got the Goldmine, I Got the Shaft 14."
Answer: Johannesburg, South Africa

I saw her in the park feeding squirrels. But first, she asked them for their order.
Answer: Talks To Animals

She said something about hiding in a church in a cave?
Answer: Budapest, Hungary

I'll tell you what I told her: if anyone asks you to celebrate Saint Gellert's day by getting in a barrel and rolling down a hill?  Don’t do it.
Answer: Budapest, Hungary

She told me her greataunt had an old savings account in Bankalar Caddesi that she was going to check up on.
Answer: Istanbul, Turkey

The way she walked, I couldn't help myself. I had to ask if her favorite side of a boat was "starrrrboard."
Answer: Peg Leg

She said she was going someplace first settled by the Spanish. After they conquered the people who were already there, of course.
Answer: Buenos Aires, Argentina

I overheard her plotting to pull a heist in the Bencich Building.
Answer: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Wole Soyinka, the first African to win the Nobel for Literature, once taught in this city. Your friend here was going to look up his books, but a spy thriller grabbed her first.
Answer: Lagos, Nigeria

Well, I did see her carrying around a beach towel with "Eleko" written on it.
Answer: Lagos, Nigeria
 


1 comment:

Mike Slocumb said...

She had a violent allergic reaction to yak milk and checked herself into Bir Hospital. I would give her a day or two to settle down before you see her.
Answer: Kathmandu, Nepal

I warned her not to tell any lies near the statue of Kala Bhairab. In fact, it would be better if she steers clear entirely.
Answer: Kathmandu, Nepal

Every time I walk the streets of the city where she went, I tip my hat to Sir Edwin Lutyens and Sir Herbert Baker. Well done, lads!
Answer: New Delhi, India

She was interested in seeing the architectural works of Edmund March Wheelwright, so you might want to look for someone with a Longfellow Bridge-sized suitcase.
Answer: Boston, Mass

All I know is, the city she went to is famous for its clam chowder. Can't tell you which color chowder though, that's protected under thief-stranger confidentiality.
Answer: Boston, Mass

I thought I saw her in the news standing by a colorful wall with the words "Wo Ist Kaptn Nemo?" painted at the top.
Answer: Berlin, Germany